Flower Power

Flower Power
Smile... Be Happy!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Inspiration...

I actually bought a skirt today. Beautiful paisley pattern. It fits and it's cute...it would just look more attractive on a thinner body. I'm sure this is no accident...it's the same with the pink shirt I found: It's a Medium...which used to be my size (as in, it used to fit me with plenty of room). Now it's tight on me. And I have a noticeable belly. Now, when I say tight, I don't mean tight, as in I can't get it on, or anything. I mean tight, as in..literally in between sizes, as in ten years slower metabolism, as in: "You are not twenty something anymore."

I also found these beautiful hair clips. One of them is just as bright as the pink shirt I found. Anyway, I got them as inspiration for the length I want my hair to actually be. (I can't wear them yet) :). I have them arranged strategically with my other hair clips to sorta give the joint atmosphere.

Man...I just hope I'm really doing this for myself, and not trying to please somebody else. I mean...I keep thinking about the guy I wish I had in my life. Am I doing this for him? My first thought is "I don't think so!". But am I? Nothing wrong with wanting to look amazing...but how can I help it if some GUY doesn't notice it? Anyway...isn't that HIS problem? Isn't that HIS loss? Yep. I'm doing this so that I feel the best I can about ME. Anyway, so many of the little things we girls do for our MEN are things that they aren't even wired to notice anyway. Costume designer Edith Head once said that we should dress for men, and not women, because it's a lot less competitive.

Interesting because, she wasn't talking about turning guys on. She meant that guys don't tend to care what label is in a woman's clothes, or how they are cut, or even whether or not they match. WOMEN are the one's concerned with all of this! We spend hours putting together just the right outfit...color, style, fabric. We have to pay attention to how it's cut, so that we are covered in all the right places. We have to keep in mind the length, and whether it's right for our body type. Does it feel comfortable on us? Hey, if we could wear sweats and tees all the time, it'd be perfect...but, alas (sigh) :). Well, I'm off to jump on my trampoline!





No comments:

Post a Comment